In reflecting upon his statement, I’ve compiled a list of the many freedoms and options we have…
- We are free to marry a man or a woman now.
- We may use the restroom of our choice based upon our feelings for which sex we want to associate with that day.
- We may have sex in and out of wedlock.
- We can have children any time we want and by any means.
- For women who simply desire that stylish “baby bump,” they may terminate their pregnancy when they grow tired of it. There will be no questions asked.
- Marriage. That was for our grandparents. Recreational sex is now the trend. Cohabitation is the way to go. Why tie ourselves down when we are free to do our “thing” and then when we grow tired of our partner, branch out and find another? It also makes it easier to have relationships on the job.
- New types of birth control make it easier and easier to enjoy the freedom of sex. A shot once a year and our own personalized diaphragm, cervical cap or Nuva Ring. The opportunities are endless.
- We can buy a house or condo on credit and get a “jumbo mortgage” so we have little or no investment in the house.
- We can lease an expensive car as long as we can make the monthly payment.
- Credit card debt worries are a thing of the past as we can roll our credit cards over and over again by refinancing the balance.
- Sooner or later, the government will weaken and pay off our student loan debt or we can just ignore it and have our Social Security check reduced to pay a portion of the debt.
- With Marijuana having become legal in more and more States, just think: If we know the right people, we might be able to supplement it with a little Meth or Cocaine. Drugs are cool and make some people’s miserable life tolerable.
- If we overspend, bankruptcy is always an option and there are plenty of programs out there to bail us out until we can get another bank loan or apply for some type of government subsidy.
- If we play our cards right, we can usually avoid most Federal taxes by limiting how much we make. Inflating deductions on our tax return is like apple pie and the flag.
- Churches are for the elderly and the sick and will soon be just tourist sites anyway. Claim to give to them and take advantage of the tax deduction.
Our motto going forward should be “if it feels good, do it.” Freedom without responsibility is our way forward.
Life in the 21st century is for the living.
Oh happy days!